- http://bookviewcafe.com/blog/2015/01/31/writing-where-history-fantasy-and-science-fiction-intersect/#more-42293 : "What frustrated me when I started selling professionally was the push to always write female protag because ‘you’re a girl, you have to.’ Between that and the push to squeeze the stories into set marketing categories, I sometimes got cranky. Then I’d get subversive. That wasn’t always as successful as it might have been, and I made some pretty big mistakes. But it was an awful lot of fun. Still is..."
- http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2015/01/links-for-01-31-15.html <-- Mark Thoma's daily links are especially good today... : Links for 01-31-15
- .@eilperin @danbalz @PhilipRucker @igorvolsky Back in 93-4 & 08-9, when I was on the inside, press reports of inside deliberations painted a very distorted picture. Why should I presume stories this time about Romney's decision to stop running are any different? Indeed, @jdavidsonlawyer, the story for which there is reliable evidence is the poll- and interview-based story: "how Americans" decide. The inside “how candidate strategized“ sources are not reliable at all. The story the horserace press can’t tell reliably is the story that @eilperin sells...
- http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/01/jeb-bush-terri-schiavo-114730.html#.VMwMmkKBM2p) : Jeb Bush 'Put Me Through Hell’
- A list of "thermonuclear war" scenarios the the computer plays out, on screen, in “WarGames” http://inothernews.tumblr.com/post/545705546/a-list-of-thermonuclear-war-scenarios-the
- http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/i-see-very-serious-dead-people : I See Very Serious Dead People
- http://www.offthechartsblog.org/the-unconvincing-claim-that-unemployment-benefits-hurt-jobs : The Unconvincing Claim That Unemployment Benefits Hurt Jobs
Links and Tweets: http://delong.typepad.com/links/