Over at Equitable Growth: Must-Reads:
- Ryan Avent: Absence of Evidence: The Fed Rethinking One Thing too Many
- Olivier Blanchard: Do DSGE Models Have a Future?
- Obamacare :
- Bridget Ansel: A new proposal to reform the U.S. estate tax - Equitable Growth:
- Austin Frakt: Worthwhile California Initiative
- CPI-U, 1982-84=100
- Moritz Schularick and Solomos Solomou (2011): Tariffs and economic growth in the first era of globalization
- Ambrose Evans-Pritchard: Holy Grail of energy policy in sight as battery technology smashes the old order
- Geoffrey Harcourt (1969): Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital
And Over Here:
- Comment of the Day: Charles Steindel: Olivier Blanchard on Role of DSGE: On the whole, as one would expect, Olivier's exposition was masterful. The rub is, as you say, at the end...
- Must-Read: Dan Diamond: Obamacare
- Wednesday Economic History: Debt Servitude in Late Roman Antiquity
- Must-Read: Olivier Blanchard: Do DSGE Models Have a Future?
- Five Revisions of Its Model That the Fed Should Make or Test
- Must-Read: Ryan Avent: Absence of Evidence: The Fed Rethinking One Thing too Many
- Comment of the Day: Oldster: Liveblogging World War II: August 10, 1945: Post-Nagasaki
Might Like to Read:
- Ottoman Taverna
- Jon Favreau: How the Republican Party Became a Failed State
- Chris Arnade: "Spent morning with McDonald's old man group in Huntington WV. Most raised in rural coal country (Mingo county)..."
- Chris Lee: Hydrogen molecule falls to quantum computer: Quantum computer calculates ground state of hydrogen with just two qubits
- Richard Wolffe: The GOP tried to sink Obama. Instead, the party imploded
Perhaps Worth Reading...