Over at Equitable Growth: Must-Reads:
- Kevin O'Rourke: Brexit Backlash Has Been a Long Time Coming
- Paul Krugman: No Right Turn
- Noam N. Levey: In Louisiana, Rush to Sign Up for ObamaCare Highlights a 'Long Overdue' Demand for Health Insurance
- Eurointelligence: Economics Profession Doubling Down
- Wendell Potter: The Insurance Empire Strikes Back: "Read between the lines: Industry's message is clear that obstruction of carrier mergers will mean a grim future for Obamacare's exchanges..."
- Paulo Mauro: Growth and debt-to-GDP ratios
- Rema Hanna
- Jonathan Cohn: [For America’s poor, life expectancy statistics resemble those in developing countries] Tommy Stubbington: Carney’s Great Cash Giveaway: Will the Bank of England succeed in rebooting Britain’s flagging post-Brexit economy?
And Over Here:
- Monday Smackdown: Spending Your Credibility via Trolling Is Not Wise Department...
- Monday Smackdown: Marco Rubio Lashes Out Against Call For Religious Toleration
- Liveblogging Postwar: August 8, 1946: Harry S. Truman to Bess W. Truman
- Liveblogging World War II: August 7, 1946: Eleanor Roosevelt
- Must-Read: Kevin O'Rourke: Brexit Backlash Has Been a Long Time Coming
- [Must-Read: Paul Krugman]: No Right Turn
- Must-Read: Noam N. Levey: In Louisiana, Rush to Sign Up for ObamaCare Highlights a 'Long Overdue' Demand for Health Insurance
- Must-Read: Eurointelligence: Economics Profession Doubling Down
- Links for the Week of August 7, 2016
Might Like to Read:
- Gabriel Debenedetti: [Happy Sunday]: Here's a reminder that Team Trump still has no official answer on Melania's immigration story. When did she come? What visa?
- Scott Lemieux: Note: American Presidential Elections Not Determined By Republican Primary Voters: Once Americans find out about Hillary Clinton’s all-quinoa diet, it will be Trump in a landslide..."
Perhaps Worth Reading...