Over at Equitable Growth: Must-Reads:
- William Spriggs: Trying to Teach Old Dogs New Tricks: Last December, after a long period of keeping the Fed funds rate near zero, the FOMC voted unanimously to raise the Fed funds rate by one-quarter to one-half points....
- Mark Pesce: Zombie Moore's Law: Hardware Eats Software: Intel announce some next-generation CPUs that aren’t very much faster... delays... some of its 10nm process CPUs; and Apple’s new A10 chip, powering iPhone 7, is as one of the fastest CPUs ever...
- hrtbps: Your Workplace Requires People to Call You: “My Right Honourable Friend”!
- Nick Rowe: Cheshire Cats and New Keynesian Central Banks: How can money disappear from a New Keynesian model, but the Central Bank still set a nominal rate of interest and create a recession by setting it too high?...
- Barry Eichengreen: Closing Remarks to Policy Challenges in a Diverging Global Economy: It is one of the great pleasures of my association with the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco to give these closing remarks...
- Brookings Productivity Puzzle Panel: Video - Equitable Growth
- Andrew Gellman: What has happened down here is the winds have changed
- The AI Now Report: The Social and Economic Implications of Artificial Intelligence Technologies in the Near-Term
- Brad W. Setser
- Miles Kimball: Sticky Prices, Sticky Inflation and the Cost of Inflation as Reflections of Cognitive Costs
- Pedro da Costa: Fiscal policy suddenly all the rage among policymakers who should have thought of it sooner
And Over Here:
- [Weekend Reading: Barry Eichengreen: Closing Remarks to Policy Challenges in a Diverging Global Economy]
- [Must-Read: Barry Eichengreen]: Closing Remarks to Policy Challenges in a Diverging Global Economy
- Must-Read: Nick RoweCheshire Cats and New Keynesian Central Banks
- Must-Read: hrtbps: Your Workplace Requires People to Call You: “My Right Honourable Friend”!
- Must-Read: Paul Krugman: The Curious Confidence of the Charlatans and Cranks
- Taped from the Journamalists' Self-Made Gehenna: David Brooks (2008): The Palin Rebound
- Must-Read: Mark Pesce: Zombie Moore's Law: Hardware Eats Software
- Brookings Productivity Puzzle Panel: VIdeo
- Live from Trumpland: David Frum: Donald Trump and the Seven Broken Guardrails of Democracy
- Must-Read: William Spriggs: Trying to Teach Old Dogs New Tricks
- Monday Smackdown: Economists for Trump Not Even Phoning It in Department...
- (Early) Monday Smackdown: David Glasner on the Ignorance of Macroeconomists Who Say "All Models Are False" in Self-Justification
- Comment of the Day: Phil Koop: Weekend Reading: Richard Feynman: Cargo Cult Science
- Liveblogging the American Revolution: September 24, 1778: Siege of Boonesborough
- For the Weekend...: Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome End
- Live from Trumpland: Blind Squirrel: Erica Grieder
- Weekend Reading: Richard Feynman: Cargo Cult Science
Might Like to Read:
Perhaps Worth Reading...