Over at Equitable Growth: Must- and Should-Reads:
- Scott Lemieux: There Will Never Be A Republican Replacement for the ACA, Cont'd: "There’s no alternative to the ACA that 1) could get a non-trivial amount of Republican support and...
- Mary Amiti and David Weinstein: Why shocks to large banks cause big GDP swings: "Banks are large relative to the economies they serve...
- Facundo Alvaredo et al.: Global Inequality Dynamics: New Findings from WID.WORLD: "Global inequality dynamics involve strong and contradictory forces...
- Nick Bunker: Weekend reading: “low probability event” edition | Equitable Growth
- Paul Krugman: Springtime for Scammers: "People keep saying that Donald Trump is a populist. I do not think that word means what they think it means..."
- Giovanni Federico and Antonio Tena-Junguito: World trade, 1800-1938: a new data-set
- Zachary Tracer et al.: U.S. Health Insurance Mergers Killed as Companies Plot Next Move
- Doug Staiger and James Stock (1997): Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments
- (2001): Kaiping Mines: Memorandum of Agreement Between Chang Yen-Mao and Herbert Hoover
- Peter Lee (2006): China Matters: Herbert Hoover: Made in China
- Peter Lee (2006): China Matters: Last of the Muckrakers: An Appreciation of Walter Liggett
- Peter Lee (2006): China Matters: The Coolie Quagmire: Flogging, Sodomy, and Imperial Overreach on the Rand
- John Rawlinson: Li Hongzhang
- Zeng Guofan
- Rosa Luxemburg Blog: Think you know your leaders of the Second International?
- John Skrentny: Trump will lose America like Pete Wilson lost California
- Emily Badger: Immigrant Shock: Can California Predict the Nation’s Future?
- Wired: Shenzhen: The Silicon Valley of Hardware
- Aaron Carroll: How Would Republican Plans for Medicaid Block Grants Actually Work?
- Nicholas Bagley: The feds have been ordered to cough up risk corridor money
- Noah Smith: People Actually Use Food Stamps to Buy More Food
- Esteban Ortiz-Ospina and Max Roser: International Trade
- Stan Collender: GOP Grand Scheme On Obamacare Repeal & Tax Reform Quickly Going South
And Over Here:
- Must-Read: Facundo Alvaredo et al.: Global Inequality Dynamics: New Findings from WID.WORLD: "Global inequality dynamics involve strong and contradictory forces...
- Should-Read: Mary Amiti and David Weinstein: Why shocks to large banks cause big GDP swings: "Banks are large relative to the economies they serve...
- Live from the Whirlwind: Sean Carroll (2008): Bose and Fermi: "The important distinction... is the “pile on top of each other”/”take up space” distinction...
- Time to Go to the Make-Out Room!: Writers With Drinks Tonight!: February 11, 2017
- (Early) Monday Smackdown: The Ben Carson Campaign as Grift
- Live from the Orange-Haired Baboon Cage: Brooke Masters: The ruling against President Trump’s travel ban dissected: "Mr Trump responded aggressively to the ruling, tweeting “SEE YOU IN COURT”...
- Should-Read: Attitude without expertise--or any desire to acquire expertise--has long seemed to me to be the dominant current within Fred Hiatt's part of the Washington Post: Charles Lane (2013): Obama’s Electric Car Mistake: "The Obama administration’s electric-car fantasy finally may have died on the road between Newark, Del., and Milford, Conn...
- Should-Read: Republican ACA Repeal Circular Firing Squad of Flying Attack Monkeys Lollapalooza
You Might Look at:
- Martin Longman: Gorsuch’s Praise of David Sentelle Should Concern You
- (2014): An 1862 Extraordinary Rendition in Morocco by my Great^6 Grandfather James DeLong: Live from The Roasterie CCCXVI: August 26, 2014:
- Chinese English Dictionary with Pinyin and Strokes
- TBogg (2008): Post Minstrel Syndrome
Perhaps Worth Looking at...