Reading Notes for September 1, Modern Economic Growth: Economics 210a, Fall 1999
- Aristotle (350 B.C.E.), Politics, brief selections.
- Simon Kuznets (1963), "The Meaning and Measurement of Economic Growth," in Barry Supple, ed., The Experience of Economic Growth (New York: Random House), pp. 52-67.
- Paul David (1967), "New Light on a Statistical Dark Age: U.S. Real Product Growth Before 1840," American Economic Review 57 (May), pp. 294-306.
- William Nordhaus (1997), "Do Real Output and Real Wage Measures Capture Reality? The History of Lighting Suggests Not, " in Timothy Bresnahan and Robert Gordon, eds., The Economics of New Goods (Chicago: University of Chicago Press), pp. 29-70.
- Richard Easterlin (1995), "Will Raising the Incomes of All Increase the Happiness of All?" Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 27:1 (June), pp. 35-47.
Continue reading "Reading Notes for September 1, 1999: Modern Economic Growth" »