From 1865 to 1929: Finance, Capital, Labor, Technology
Growth, Industrialization, Wages, and Profits
Labor: Education and Immigration:
- Gains to immigrants
- Gains to native-born consumers
- Gains to native-born capital owners
- Losses to native-born unskilled
- Francis Walker counterfactual...
- Technical education
- Elementary education
- High-school education
- Homesteading the information frontier after 1890...
Capital, Finance, and Technology Intermixed:
- John D. Rockefeller and company
- Standard Oil
- Capital and finance
- Winner-take-all--or winner-take-much--economies
- Technology and capital
- Dilemmas of corporate control
- J.P. Morgan and company...
From Shafts to Wires:
- Newcomen and Watt
- Edison and Tesla
- Mass production