Economic History Seminar: Jonathan Rose: "Hoover's Truce: Nominal Wage Rigidity in the Onset of the Great Depression"
ECONOMIC HISTORY SEMINAR: Jonathan Rose, UC Berkeley: "Hoover's Truce: Nominal Wage Rigidity in the Onset of the Great Depression": November 26, 2-4 p.m., 597 Evans.
- The sluggishness of wage declines during the Great Contraction
- Data from International Harvester
- David Romer: "Keynes's Keynesian model does not do too badly..."
- Hoover's conferences
- Were they significant?
- Did anybody comply with Hoover's pleas to firms not to cut wages?
- Wage cuts in 1930-31 as compared to 1920-21
- Herbert Hoover as corporatist crypto-socialist triangulating b------