- How is having access to an ideal market the same as or different from having an economic network of ties (strong or weak) extending over the entire world?
- In what sense is what Dasgupta calls an "ideal market" ideal?
- Why did Friedrich von Hayek deserve his Nobel Prize?
- How can a central planner nevertheless add value for society, even though Friedrich von Hayek did deserve his Nobel Prize?
- Why should we worry about each of the four kinds of market failure that Dasgupta sees: distributional, free-riding, market power, and macroeconomic?