Links and Tweets: March 2015
- https://www.insidehighered.com/views/2015/03/18/review-umberto-eco-how-write-thesis : "You must overcome any shyness and have a conversation with the librarian, because he can offer you reliable advice that will save you much time. You must consider that the librarian (if not overworked or neurotic) is happy when he can demonstrate two things: the quality of his memory and erudition and the richness of his library, especially if it is small. The more isolated and disregarded the library, the more the librarian is consumed with sorrow for its underestimation. A person who asks for help makes the librarian happy..."
- Afternoon Must-Read: http://equitablegrowth.org/?p=10184 : Pooling Multiple Case Studies Using Synthetic Controls: An Application to Minimum Wage Policies
- Lunchtime Must-Read: http://equitablegrowth.org/?p=10182 : Barney Frank Explains the Financial Crisis
- http://eml.berkeley.edu/~cromer/Spurious%20Volatility.pdf : Spurious Volatility in Historical Unemployment Data
- Today's Must-Must-Read: http://equitablegrowth.org/?p=10170 : The Missing Deflation and the Argument for a Higher Inflation Target
Continue reading "Links and Tweets: March 2015" »