Must- and Should-Reads:
- "The biggest surprise for me, and perhaps it shouldn't have been, is the degree to which politicians are willing to put political interests ahead of helping people in need. Watching the political/policy reaction to the Great Recession was both disappointing and eye opening..." :
- 'Our Democracy is Being Owned by a Handful of Billionaires' :
- "The Republican Party is primarily the agent of an ideological movement whose supporters prize doctrinal purity, while the Democratic Party is better understood as a coalition of social groups seeking concrete government action. This asymmetry is reinforced by American public opinion, which favors left-of-center positions on most specific policy issues yet simultaneously shares the general conservative preference for smaller and less active government..." :
- The Trouble with Econometric Models (1982):
- "I want to tell you from the Russian point of view, what the President and the United States have done to win the war. The most important things in this war are machines.... The United States... is a country of machines. Without the use of those machines... we would lose this war..." :
- Must-Read: Readmissions Penalty at Year 3: How Are We Doing? :
- Must-Read: Cameron Points Migrant Talent Towards the Exit :
- Must-Read: Would Graduating More From College Reduce Inequality? :
- Must-Read: Greg Mankiw Forgot What He Teaches :
- U.S. scholars need access to public and private big data :
- Remind Me, Again: What Is Supposed to Drive Full Recovery?
And Over Here:
- Walrus Cam Video
- Interest Rates: The Phantom Menace: Hoisted from Paul Krugman's Archives from 2009
- Can Someone Tell Me What Is Going on with the Underhill Parking Structure?
- Comment of the Day: Brian Schmidt on 'Neoliberalisms', Left and Right: 'Brad raises the issue of the strength of the magic wand he's given...
- Today's Economic History: John Maynard Keynes on the Necessity of a Generous Peace After World War I
- Monday Smackdown Watch: Robert Waldmann Defends Janet Yellen from Brad DeLong
Might Like to Be Aware of: