Must- and Should-Reads:
- Must-Read: Obama's Real Problem on Trade Is Way Bigger than Elizabeth Warren :
- Must-Read: The Political Is Personal :
- This Billionaire [Harold Hamm] Tried To Get [Oklahoma] University Scientists Fired For Doing Their Job :
- Ray Dalio's Bridgewater: This is not a bubble :
- Do not underestimate the power of microfoundations :
- (2014): [Chameleons: The Misuse of Theoretical Models in Finance and Economics](http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/research/documents/Chameleons-The Misuse of Theoretical Models 032614.pdf)
- Mathiness in the Theory of Economic Growth :
- The Interest Rate That Did Not Bark in the Night: The Surge in U.S. Treasury Debt and the Non-Reaction of Rates (2011)
- Paul Romer and Microfoundations :
- Shifting through the implications of the Beveridge Curve :
- Noah Smith, Paul Romer, "Mathiness", and Baking the Politics into the Microfoundations...
And Over Here:
- Liveblogging World War I: May 18, 1915; The Battle of Festubert
- Comment of the Day: Nathanael: You're Geing too Kind-Hearted...
- Today's Economic History: American Slavery Ideology One Generation After the Cotton Gin
- Monday Smackdown: The Slow Death of the University. And Oxford High Table IS ON IT!!
- Liveblogging History: May 17, 1945: Herbert Hoover
- Mark Schmitt for Democracy Journal: Democratic Romanticism and Its Critics
- Weekend Reading: John Quiggin: Economic Policy for the 21st Century
- Weekend Reading: Mario Draghi: The ECB’s Recent Monetary Policy Measures: Effectiveness and Challenges
- Liveblogging the American Revolution: May 16, 1777: Thomas Jefferson to John Adams
- For the Weekend: Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me
- What Is the American Principles Project?
Might Like to Be Aware of:
- Pink Chai
- Racism and Science Fiction (1998):
- [Karl Taro Greenfield's] The Subprimes: A Novel of the Piketty/Klein Apocalypse :
- "My own hypothesis has to do with bullet-dodgers versus bullet-swallowers..." :
- Ten Easy Morel Recipes
- Any P-Value Distinguishable from Zero is Insufficiently Informative :