Must- and Should-Reads:
- Must-Read: Fraternity of Failure :
- State Personal Income Tax Cuts: Still a Poor Strategy for Economic Growth :
- Must-Read: President Obama on Color-Blind Policy and Color-Conscious Morality :
- Must-Read: Thomas Piketty to Investigate Inequality in New Role at LSE :
- Must-Read: Why Adam Posen Thinks Obama’s TPP Is Worth Passing :
- Bruce Bartlett: “Utter Insanity and Stupidity” :
- Must-Read: Notes on the Surrender at Menlo Park :
- Must-Read: Free Lunch: Below potential, But How Far? :
- America the Boastful (1998):
- The Capital Myth: The Difference between Trade in Widgets and Dollars (1998):
- "Neoliberalisms", Left and Right
- Weekend reading :
- How exactly do we measure U.S. economic well-being? :
- Would graduating more college students reduce wage inequality? :
- Looking for the roots of total factor productivity growth :
And Over Here:
- Must-Read: Paul Krugman: When Maestros Cry: 'Via Mark Thoma, today in liberal fascism: Apparently I’m part of the liberal speech police...
- David Brooks: Hoisted from the Archives from Nine Years Ago
- Live from the Roasterie: Quite an extraordinary piece of rhetoric from a Bush-scion Chickenhawk...
- Liveblogging World War II: May 15, 1945: Harry S. Truman Press Conference
- Comment of the Day: Maynard Handley: in reply to ilsm: ''Hitler planned a Randian, libertarian utopia where all those who might slow...
- Live from the Palace of Westminster: David Cameron**: 'For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society...
- Today's Economic History: Caloric Intake in Northwest Europe
- Live from The Roasterie: Do Americans no longer buy non-Apple laptops? Or is it just that Americans whose jobs allow them to sit in cafes that sell $4 espresso drinks in the morning no longer buy non-Apple laptops?
- Liveblogging World War II: May 14, 1945: Berlin
- Choose Your Heterodoxy: Farmer vs. Krugman
Might Like to Be Aware of:
- The Time I Spent On A Commercial Whaling Ship Totally Changed My Perspective On The World :
- Looks like Amanda Terkel and Sam Stein of Huffington Post just decimated the argument that Hillary Clinton isn't progressive enough..."
- "Heaven knows that the internet hasn’t been stingy in its supply of discussion as to the legitimacy of the trigger warning. Everybody and his brother have an opinion about it, ranging from the New Republic to the NYT to the AAUP, each of whom have graced us with their cyber-statements. I wrote this because no where within this raging verbstorm can I find a convincing description of triggering, which (for me) is a physiological phenomenon. And I think it matters..." :
- If the Republican presidential primary field were to be played upon the stage, I would condemn it as an implausible fiction... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204296627961406&set=a.3829230134825.2134829.1399981420&type=1
- Cosma Shalizi
- Lunatic Conspiracy Theories Aren't What They Used to Be :