Must- and Should-Reads:
- "Richard Fuld, the former chief executive officer of Lehman Brothers, is the Shaggy of finance. On the cause of the financial crisis and the collapse of Lehman Brothers, his claim is, 'It wasn’t me.'... He made the bizarre claim that ‘Regardless of what you heard about Lehman Brothers’ risk management, I had 27,000 risk managers because they all owned a piece of the firm.’ As if an employee e-mail to Fuld would have changed the firm’s direction: Imagine ‘Hi Dick, I own 10,000 shares of Lehman. Please divest all of our risky derivatives and securitized subprime mortgages because I think we're going to take losses on them.’ For the man known as ‘The Gorilla’ to make such an assertion is beyond absurd... :
- Stranded Assets and Climate Stimulus :
- Free Lunch: Lessons learnt from the crisis :
- Some Adjustment Problems (1970):
- Must-Read: New Research Does Not Provide Any Reason to Doubt that CEO Pay Fueled Top 1% Income Growth :
- Must-Read: Wall St, Injured Dogs, and the Election :
- Must-Read: Why Did So Many People Make So Many Ex Post Bad Decisions? The Causes of the Foreclosure Crisis :
And Over Here:
- Liveblogging World War II: June 7, 1945: Justice Jackson
- For the Weekend...
- Live from La Farine: America's Republican Party: worse than you can imagine, even though you know and take into account in your thinking the fact that it is worse than you can imagine...
- Liveblogging World War II: June 6, 1945: Harry S. Truman to Bess W. Truman
- Weekend Reading: Daniel P. Tompkins: What the Ancient Greeks Can Teach Us About Human Capital
- Early Monday Smackdown: Methinks the New York Review of Books Is Scared of the Future--or Is It Scared of the Present?
- Weekend Reading: Teddy White's View of Poilticians
Might Like to Be Aware of:
- Gov. Sam Brownback and Johnson County lawmakers help drive the Kansas clown car :
- Niall Ferguson’s Wishful Thinking :
- "To borrow a wonderful Edroso phrase I plan on later originating, every graf is, ‘in every sense, the nut graf...’" :
- Dealing with the Mediterranean boat people :
- Things I Learned From Sir Terry Pratchett... :