Must- and Should-Reads:
- "What makes something qualify as a seriously bad idea? In general, to sound serious it must invoke big causes to explain big events — technical matters, like the troubles caused by sharing a currency without a common budget, don’t make the cut. It must also absolve corporate interests and the wealthy from responsibility for what went wrong, and call for hard choices and sacrifice on the part of the little people... :
- Must-Read: Joseph E. Stiglitz: The Origins of Inequality, and Policies to Contain It:
- Must-Read: Financial Markets where Traders Neglect the Informational Content of Prices :
- Must-Read: A Final Word With Niall Ferguson :
- Must-Read: Big Guvmint Keynesians :
- The Euthanasia of the Rentier - NYTimes.com (2014):
- Must-Read: What Assumptions Matter for Growth Theory? :
- On the TPP
- Discussion of Matthew Rognlie: "Deciphering the Fall and Rise in the Net Capital Share": The Honest Broker for the Week of June 14, 2015
- Can Somebody Please Tell Me What Is Going on with Obama and TPP?
- Weekend reading :
- Fair housing, mortgages, and the U.S. Supreme Court :
And Over Here:
- Liveblogging the Cold War: June 14, 1945: Eleanor Roosevelt
- Bonus Extra Monday Smackdown: Doesn't Anybody at the New York Times or in the Jeb Bush Campaign Know What Pickett's Charge Was?
- Must-Read: Hillary Rodham Clinton: 'Thank you! Oh, thank you all!...
- Liveblogging the American Revolution: June 13, 1777: Lafayette, He Is Here!
- (Early) Monday Wall Street Journal Auto-Smackdown: Contesting the Historical Existence of White Supremacy Department
- Live from La Farine: Grifters Gotta Grift!
- Live from La Farine: Duncan Black**: Eschaton: Nobody Could Have Predicted...
- Liveblogging World War II: June 12, 1945: Eisenhower
Might Like to Be Aware of: