Noted for Your Evening Procrastination for July 27, 2015##
Must- and Should-Reads:
- Must-Read: The Essential Obstfeld :
- Press Release: Appoints Maurice Obstfeld as Economic Counsellor and Director of the IMF’s Research Department :
- Models of currency crises with self-fulfilling features :
- Exchange Rate Dynamics Redux :
- Must-Read: "It will be normal... :
- Must-Read: A Brief Theory of Very Serious People :
- Laid Low: The IMF, the eurozone, and the First Rescue of Greece :
- Must-Read: The Fed Is Closer to Hitting Its Inflation Target Than People Think :
- Must-Read: Does wealth inequality matter for growth? The effect of billionaire wealth, income distribution, and poverty :
- Must-Read: "Suppose the Bank of Canada targets 2% inflation... :
- Must-Read: Low-Hanging Fruit Guarded by Dragons: Reforming Regressive Regulation to Boost U.S. Economic Growth :
- Robots Aren't Taking Your Jobs--and That's the Problem :
- Why the Fed’s policy on interest rates is key to fighting poverty :
- Must-Read: Compensation Inequality and Productivity Growth :
And Over Here:
- Live from La Farine: Just what does John Kasich imagine that he is doing reentering national politics at the presidential-candidate level, anyway?... John Scalzi: Governor Kasich’s Chances to Win the 2016 GOP Nomination and Then the Presidency, Estimated By This Citizen of Ohio...
- Liveblogging Les Trente Annees Glorieuses: July 27, 1945: British Labour's Victory
- Comment of the Day: Ryan: Notes on 'Trekonomics'...
- DeLong Smackdown Watch: Daniel Davies on Germany Outside the Euro
- Links and Tweets for the Week of July 20, 2015
- Liveblogging World War II: July 26, 1945: Potsdam Declaration
- Must-Read: Henry Farrell: A Brief Theory of Very Serious People...
- Across the Wide Missouri: Ed Luce: Donald Trump leaves indelible mark on Republicans...
- Weekend Reading: Patricia Crone: What Do We Actually Know about Mohammed?
- Must-Read: Ezra Klein: 'It will be normal... to be publishing to some combination of their own websites...
- By the Bonny Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond: Ken MacLeod: Scotland after Socialism: 'In the name of Old Labour values...
- Weekend Reading: Lant Pritchett (2014): Can Rich Countries be Reliable Partners for National Development?
Might Like to Be Aware of: