Noted for Your Evening Procrastination for July 29, 2015
Must- and Should-Reads:
- The U.S. Underestimates Growth :
- State income tax cuts: Still a bad idea :
- "Thanks to a push by President Barack Obama's administration, more and more student-loan borrowers are signing up for income-driven repayment programs, allowing them to pay a fraction of what they would otherwise owe..." :
- Must-Read: Moving on From the Euro :
- Must-Read: The Politics of Economics and ‘Very Serious People’ :
- The F story about the Great Inflation :
- Must-Read: Greek Debt and German Banks :
- Must-Read: The Verjus Manifesto :
- Must-Read: 12 Good and Bad Parts of Online Education :
- Must-Read: The Amazing Persistence of Reagan Derp :
- Annoying Euro Apologetics :
- Beware of simple U.S. tax reform plans :
- Why Zingales is so “soft” on Greece :
- The euro: It can’t happen, It’s a bad idea, It won’t last. US economists on the EMU, 1989-2002 :
- Is technological change key in the decline of U.S. labor share of income? - Washington Center for Equitable Growth :
- Why Factory Jobs Are Shrinking Everywhere :
- Visualizing Economics: Created by Catherine Mulbrandon at http://VisualizingEconomics.com
Over at Equitable Growth--The Equitablog
- The state of tax progressivity across the United States :
- A U.S. financial transaction tax and the allocation of capital :
- Why Americans Are Nostalgic About Manufacturing
- Worm Wars!
- In Which Ben Bernanke Asks and Answers a Rhetorical Question About the Eurozone
- Today's Economic History: Alfred and Mary Marshall on The Confidence Fairy
- Hoisted from Arin Dube's Archives from Four Years Ago: Where are My Liberal-Neo-Liberal Technocrats?
- Monday DeLong Smackdown Watch: How Important Is the Euro's Effect on Exchange Rates on the German Economy, Anyway?
And Over Here:
- Live from Evans Hall (Must-Read If You Could): Jeremie Cohen-Setton: How Binding Is the Trilemma in a Currency Union?
- Liveblogging World War II: July 29, 1945: USS Indianapolis (CA-35)
- Today's Economic History: Trevon Logan: The Transformation of Hunger Revisited: Reply
- Live from La Farine: Google Deep Dream http://psychic-vr-lab.com/deepdream/pics/402479.html
- Must-Read: Daniel Davies muses this morning on the problems of audience and intellectual reach...
- Comment of the Day: Robert Waldmann: The 'Structural Problems' Ideology is not Superstructure...
- Liveblogging Les Trente Annees Glorieuses: July 28, 1945: UN Charter Ratification
Might Like to Be Aware of:
- "[Roger] Lewin’s paper reports that one out of ten hydrocephalus cases are so extreme that cerebrospinal fluid fills 95% of the cranium... yet apparently, fully half have IQs over 100.... The paper is titled “Is Your Brain Really Necessary?”, and it seems to contradict pretty much everything we think we know about neurobiology..." :
- Rough Rider Greases Up :
- Learn to Crunch Big Data with R
- "Twitter has such a significant hill to climb: not only do they need a new CEO, they probably need a new board as well. Having a mixture of former CEOs and folks who don’t use Twitter doesn’t exactly suggest that the CEO decision will be based on what is best for the product. And that makes me pretty pessimistic." :