Must- and Should-Reads:
- The Phillips curve: A good model, at least for Ireland :
- Does the Social Security “Statement” Add Value? :
- Must-Read: Greece Should Prepare for Grexit, and then Not Do It :
- Why Hillary Clinton Is Focused On The Short-Term Culture Of Corporate America :
- Must-Read: Europe’s Confused Attitude to German Leadership :
- The Cost of Free :
- Who Predicted the Eurozone Crisis? :
- Must-Read: The Situation in Greece :
- : Steve Teles
- Is technological change key in the decline of U.S. labor share of income? :
- Fact sheet: What do we know about economic inequality and growth? :
- The measurement and future of U.S. productivity growth :
- Hoisted from the Grasping Reality Archives from Four Years Ago: The Interest Rate That Did Not Bark in the Night: The Surge in U.S. Treasury Debt and the Non-Reaction of Rates - Washington Center for Equitable Growth
And Over Here:
- Comment of the Day: Aimai: Weekend Reading: George Orwell: Review of Dorothy L. Sayers's: Gaudy Night: 'Since I consider Gaudy Night, for all its flaws...
- Must-Read: Sam Wang: Donald Trump Is Not the Frontrunner. Smarter Polls Would Prove It: 'Instant-runoff polls would highlight Trump’s very low ceiling of support...
- Must-Read: Bill Emmott: Europe’s Confused Attitude to German Leadership: 'Why do the other 18 members of the single currency accept Germany’s leadership when it is wrong and yet refuse it when it is right?...
- Live from Hutchinson, Kansas: Walter Jon Williams: Glorious Sights of Kansas (Volume 1): 'Anyway, if Dorothy were in Kansas she’d be able to look at space capsules and an SR-71 Blackbird and many other aerospace goodies...
- Liveblogging World War II; July 21, 1945: Henry Stimson
- Live from El Paso: Patrick Iber: Essay on a Long Academic Job Search: 'not all of the attention the essay received was positive...
- Liveblogging World War II: July 20, 1945: Harry S Truman
- Across the Wide Missouri: Dana Cimilluca (2007): Jeb Bush: Lehman’s Secret Weapon: 'In the arms race by private-equity firms...
- Must-Read: Matthew Yglesias: The Situation in Greece: 'The truly baffling thing is the Eurogroup's unwillingness to give a better deal...
- Links and Tweets for the Week of July 13, 2015
- Live from Evans Hall: Hurricane Dolores approaches San Francisco!
- Live from Peet's Coffee: Asking for a friend: The Safeway and its associated plaza at the corner of Claremont and College, just over the Oakland line from Berkeley, was once the home of Clarence Bullwinkle Ford. So why is it called 'Safeway Plaza' rather than 'Bullwinkle Plaza'? And where is my 20-foot statue of Bullwinkle J. Moose?
- Liveblogging World War II: July 19, 1945: Interim Committee: Notes
- For the Weekend...
- Live from La Farine: Quo Usque Tandem Abutere, Trumpalina, Patentia Nostra?
- Live from La Farine: Political Coordinates
- Live from La Farine: Jeebus! Does the New York Times have a lot of stable-cleaning to do!: J. Bradford DeLong on Twitter: .@HeerJeet David Brooks:: https://t.co/zCPBek6mmi
- (Early) Monday DeLong Smackdown: Dean Baker
- Weekend Reading: George Orwell: Review of Dorothy L. Sayers's: Gaudy Night
- Weekend Reading: Norm Ornstein: The Birth of Obamacare
Might Like to Be Aware of: