Especially worth noting:
- "Secular stagnation" is overwhelmingly about the equity premium, not about slower growth or higher savings rates...
- Naming Thomas, Hennessy, Holtz-Eakin, and Wallison to the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission was a major mistake: we needed economists, and all four of them were Republicans and lobbyists first, economists second--if at all.
- My pre-Piketty take on Piketty issues
- The collapse in male labor-force participation has the expected geographic skew...
From One Year Ago:
From Two Years Ago:
- Over at Equitable Growth: I Hate Those Blurred Lines! Monetary Policy and Fiscal Policy
- Hoisted from the Archives from 2012: This Time, It Is Not Different: The Persistent Concerns of Financial Macroeconomics
From Five Years Ago:
- Bequests: An Historical Perspective: Hoisted from the Archives from Eleven Years Ago
- More on the Four Stupidest Economists Alive of 2010: Thomas, Hennessy, Holtz-Eakin, and Wallison
From Ten Years Ago: