Procrastinating on May 18, 2016
Over at Equitable Growth: Must-Reads:
- Macro and Other Market Musings: The United States as a Banker to the World :
- Economic Models Must Account for 'Who Has the Power' :
- The Fed’s Pause and the Dollar’s Retreat :
- What’s your (sur)name? Intergenerational mobility over six centuries :
- Part 1: The great unbundling | The user experience revolt : The Facebook Papers:
And Over Here:
- Live from the New York Times Journamalists' Self-Made Gehenna: Arthur Goldhammer: Metamorphosis
- Must-Read: Ben Thompson: Apple in China
- Today's Economic History: John Maynard Keynes (1919): To Jan Smuts: 'Ruthless Truth-Telling'
- Live from Ravenna: May I say that someday I want to see, with my own eyes, the mosaics of San Vitale?
- Must-Read: Simon Wren-Lewis: A General Theory of Austerity
- Live from the New York Times's Journalists Self-Made Gehenna:: Yes. Reading The New York Times is like drinking bilgewater: why do you ask? Steve M.: New York Times Stenographers Ashley Parker and Jonathan Martin on Yet Another Mendacious Rampage...
- Must-Read: Martin Wolf has talked so much sense so eloquently since 2007 that I forget that he is, at bottom... a Tory--not, mind you, that there is anything necessarily wrong with that: Martin Wolf: Failing Elites Are to Blame for Unleashing Donald Trump
Might Like to Read:
- “In Action How Like an Angel, in Apprehension How Like a God!” Ada Palmer’s Too Like The Lightning :
- Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin and the Lure of the Strongman :
- Siri-creator shows off first public demo of Viv, ‘the intelligent interface for everything’ :
- Why Democrats increasingly think Donald Trump can deliver them a Senate landslide :