Procrastinating on May 31, 2016
Over at Equitable Growth: Must-Reads:
- "Beer Goggles", Forward Guidance, Quantitative Easing, and the Risks from Expansionary Monetary Policy: Friday Focus (January 17, 2014):
- Is There Any Sense in Which Quantitative Easing Might Increase Financial Instability? (March 22, 2014):
- Unclear and Inadequate Thoughts on Financial Stability and Monetary Policy Once Again (October 24, 2014):
And Over Here:
- Must-Read: The extremely sharp Michael Woodford makes the obvious point about quantitative easing and financial stability: by increasing the supply and thus reducing the premium on safe liquid assets, it should--if demand and supply curves slope the normal way--not increase but reduce the risks of the banking sector.
- Hoisted from the Archives from Two Years Ago: The Poverty of Right-Wing Piketty Criticism
- Liveblogging World War I: May 31, 2016: Jutland
- Live from Oakland Airport: Proposed unicorn of the day: PRE--but for Starbucks...
- Must-Read: Matt Levine: People Are Worried About Unicorns: There was a time when my big question about the Theranos story was...
- Comment of the Day: Britonimist: Neoliberalism, Mirowski and Wren-Lewis
- Must-Read: Alan Shipman: Iceland's Economy Miracle
- Monday Smackdown: Nick Kristof and the New York Times: Shakezulu Does the Intellectual Garbage Collection: MOAR bilgewater!: Live from the Journamalists' Self-Made Gehenna: Shakezulu: 'Kristof isn’t arguing for or against more conservative voices around the university table.... This is yet another round of You call yourself progressive? Then kiss this rabid skunk...'
- Digby Was Right!: Live from the Republicans' Self-Made Gehenna: Digby (June 18, 2015): Yes, he's a right-wing blowhard. But he's rich & famous, and his kooky ideas fit snugly in the Tea Party mainstream...
- Live from the Republicans' Self-Made Gehenna: As Sam Wang said: 'Gingrich begat Limbaugh, and Limbaugh begat W, and W begat Palin, and Palin begat Cain, and Cain begat Trump...' Now if only they would go dwell East of Eden and leave the rest of us alone!: Bill McBride: Donald Trump's War on Data
- Live from the Hart Office Building: Mark Schmitt: Sen. Booker on Sen. Bradley: http://bit.ly/1ONoVOp This post reflects a major part of my life from 1990-96, and the values we took from it...
Might Like to Read:
- Why Hillary Clinton Is the Strongest Equality Candidate :
- The Tragedy of the American Military: "The American public and its political leadership will do anything for the military except take it seriously. The result is a chickenhawk nation in which careless spending and strategic folly combine to lure America into endless wars it can’t win." :
- Clobber-texting isn’t a principled hermeneutic: A horrifying case study | ‘God hates shrimp’: Picking and choosing among abominations :