Over at Equitable Growth: Must-Reads:
- Trump backer speaking at RNC, billed as boss of 100,000, employs zero workers :
- The Fed is Trapped in a Rate Hike Talk Cycle :
- U.S. Said Readying Suits Against Anthem, Aetna Insurer Deals :
- Stop pretending America’s housing boom had nothing to do with lending standards :
- The Rise of the Kludges: "Samuel Arbesman... who trained as [a] computational biologist argues convincingly... that our systems have grown too complex to handle..." :
And Over Here:
- Must-Read: Maury Obstfeld: A Spanner in the Works: An Update to the World Economic Outlook
- Meanwhile, in Northern California...: Sasha Ashall: Phase 2 of Enrollment Begins
- Must-Read: Andrew McAfee: 'As the world becomes flat, talent, entrepreneurship, and VC $ become more concentrated...'
- Live from the Cleveland Dumpster Fire: Republican grifters who continue to pretend to believe that they could easily capture a President Trump for their policy fraction
- Live from the Cleveland Dumpster Fire: Well, well, well: a Ted Cruz endorsement of Hillary does not look totally impossible any more
- Live from the Cleveland Dumpster Fire: Matthew Yglesias: While We Wait: Here’s Donald Trump on Barack Obama
- Live from the Cleveland Dumpster Fire: Matthew Yglesias says 'ECONOMIC ANXIETY!!' and sends us to Julia Ioffe: Melania’s Fan Club
- Must-Read: Topher Spiro, Maura Calsyn, and Meghan O’Toole: Bigger Is Not Better: Proposed Insurer Mergers Are Likely to Harm Consumers and Taxpayers
- Live from the Cleveland Dumpster Fire: Is there any reason that anybody should believe that the latest Meredith McIver story from the Trumpists is the one true tree in the large and dense forest of implausible lies?
Might Like to Read:
- The Republican Party Has Become the Party of Hate :
- Several Portions of Donald Trump Jr.'s Convention Speech Were Hand-Me-Downs From His Speechwriter: "Jon Lovett.... 'No, it’s not standard practice for a speechwriter to copy his favorite lines from his own columns to pad a speech for a national convention.... This really isn’t that hard...'" :
- "Love loyalty to us..." :
- "Cruz is tainted by the fact that he ran around for six months calling Trump 'terrific', saying he 'speaks the truth'..." :
- "I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father... not a servile puppy dog..." :
- "I applaud the 5th Circuit for blocking Texas's voter ID law—one of the most restrictive in America. Let's make voting easier, not harder" :
Perhaps Worth Reading...