Over at Equitable Growth: Must-Reads:
- Noah Smith: "In macroeconomics, falsified theories never die, and their proponents often don't acknowledge empirical failures..."_:
- The Growing Dependence of Britain on Trade During the Industrial Revolution :
- Trump Happened Because Conservatism Failed :
- Danny Blanchflower: "UK Headed to Recession..."
- Nick Bunker: Weekend reading: “Luck of the Irish GDP” edition - Equitable Growth
- Nisha Chikhale and John Schmitt: Yesterday at Equitable Growth: A workshop on distributional national accounts - Equitable Growth
- Patrick Iber: "This election has helped me understand structures of feeling in the 1930s, but I'm ready to be done now thanks..."
- BofAML: "A record 44% of investors think global fiscal policy is too restrictive..."
And Over Here:
- Must-Read: Noah Smith: "In macroeconomics, falsified theories never die, and their proponents often don't acknowledge empirical failures..."
- Liveblogging Postwar: July 22, 1946: The Terrorist Bombing of the King David Hotel in Jerusalem:
- Weekend Reading: David Kurtz, Tierney Sneed, and Lauren Fox: Whence the Republican Base's Anger?
- For the Weekend...: New Order: Bizarre Love Triangle
- Live from the Republicans' Self-Made Gehenna: Clay Shirky: Trump Could Win
- Weekend Reading: Donald Trump: Bananas Attack on Ted Cruz
- Must-Read: Gregory Clark, Kevin Hjortshøj O'Rourke, and Alan M. Taylor: The Growing Dependence of Britain on Trade During the Industrial Revolution
- Must-Read: Noah Smith: Trump Happened Because Conservatism Failed
- Must-Read: Danny Blanchflower: "UK Headed to Recession..."
Might Like to Read:
- Vox: Fact check: Donald Trump’s speech at the Republican National Convention
- Matthew Yglesias: This week we saw that the Republican Party — not just Trump — is the problem
- The Cottage Restaurant:
- Catherine Rampell: "Ivanka said father found people jobs after seeing news stories of their hardship. Have beneficiaries come forward?"
- Catherine Rampell: "Ivanka's descriptions of her father's views of/policies related to working women don't match what he's actually said..."
- Matthew Yglesias: "Trump says Saudi Arabia would collapse in a week if our troops left. In reality, Bush moved them 13 years ago..."
- AP: Illinois Governor Apologizes For Calling Teachers 'Virtually Illiterate'
Perhaps Worth Reading...