Over at Equitable Growth: Must-Reads:
- Puncturing the Malthus Delusion: Structural change in the British economy before the industrial revolution, 1500-1800: Accounts of structural change in the pre-modern British economy vary substantially... :
- Matt Levine: Hedge Fund Results: Since the end of 2011, hedge funds as a whole have (1) produced negative alpha and (2) added almost $900 billion of assets...
- Richard Mayhew: A Thousand and One Posts: Wow, that last post was my 1,000th post here at Balloon Juice. I was not expecting that when I first got started here...
- James Hamilton: Too Systemic to Fail: Bryan Kelly at the University of Chicago, Hanno Lustig at Stanford and Stijn van Nieuwerburgh....
- Bradley A. Hansen: Ironic Origins of Libertarianism: "Some liberty-loving soul had donated a copy of John Hospers’s Libertarianism: A Political Philosophy for Tomorrow (1971) to my local public library...
- Megan McArdle: Health Care Is a Business, Not a Right: You’ll die without food long before you’ll die without health care, and yet few people say we need to “take the profit motive out of farming”...
- Karl Gunnar Persson: Bread and Enlightenment: the quest for price stability and free trade in eighteenth-century Europe: The baker of last resort and his critics...
And Over Here:
- Monday Smackdown Watch: "Where the Ducks Are" "Lyndon Johnson Was the Real Segregationist in 1964!" Edition
- Must-Read: Megan McArdle: Health Care Is a Business, Not a Right
- Must-Read: Bradley A. Hansen: Ironic Origins of Libertarianism
- Liveblogging the Cold War: August 28, 1946: Eleanor Roosevelt
- Must-Read: James Hamilton: Too Systemic to Fail:
- Live from Sarkozy-Le Pen Land: Yascha Mounk: Via a Friend
- Must-Read: Patrick Wallis et al.: Puncturing the Malthus Delusion: Structural change in the British economy before the industrial revolution, 1500-1800
- Must-Read: Richard Mayhew: A Thousand and One Posts
- Must-Read: Matt Levine: Hedge Fund Results
- Live from Trumpland: Storify: As Ye Sow, So Shall Ye Reap: Working for Fox News: Jay Rosen on how the Republicans cooked their goose by creating the alt-right-media-complex
Might Like to Read:
- Susanne Lohmann: Darwinian Medicine for the University
- Jonathan Chait: The Neocons Have Gone From GOP Thought-Leaders to Outcasts
- Russell Letson: Reviews Charles Stross: The Nightmare Stacks
- John Stoehr: Add "anti-Semite with Egyptian sugar daddy" to Bannon's honorifics...
- David Atkins: Trump Really Is a Racist. He Doesn’t Just Play One on TV
Perhaps Worth Reading...