Over at Equitable Growth: Must-Reads:
- Larry Summers: Disappointed by What Came Out of Jackson Hole: I had high hopes... billed as a forum that would look at new approaches to the conduct of monetary policy...
- Anna Aizer et al.: Do Low Levels of Blood Lead Reduce Children's Future Test Scores?: Linking preschool blood lead levels with third grade test scores for eight birth cohorts of Rhode Island children born between 1997 and 2005...
- Mohamed El-Erian: Jackson Hole Was a Missed Opportunity for a Policy Pivot: Central banks policy tools alone are ill-suited to overcoming the challenges....
- Martin Wolf: Capitalism and Democracy: The Strain Is Showing: Confidence in an enduring marriage between liberal democracy and global capitalism seems unwarranted....
- Charlie Stross: Two Thoughts: The effects [of] universal functional telepathy (lies and all)... on how we handle business...
- Gavyn Davies: Sims Highlights Fiscal Dominance at Jackson Hole: The most far reaching speech at the Federal Reserve’s Jackson Hole meeting last week was...
- Nick Bunker: Only a hint of new thinking at Jackson Hole - Equitable Growth
- Nick Bunker: How often do Americans not pay federal taxes and receive government assistance? - Equitable Growth
- Laurence Seidman (2014): Stimulus without Debt
- Richard Mayhew: From Silver Spam to Silver Gap — APTC Hacks
- Alexandra Jahn: How predictable is the first ice-free Arctic summer?
- Narayana Kocherlakota: What the Fed Chief's Next Message Should Be
- Alexandra M. de Pleijt and Jan Luiten van Zanden: Gender Relations and Economic Development: Hypotheses about the Reversal of Fortune in EurAsia
- Axel Weber (2013): Reconstructing Macroeconomics
- Cameron Okeke: I’m a black UChicago graduate. Safe spaces got me through college
- Penn World Table
- Elise Gould: Rising wage inequality continues to be a defining feature of the U.S. labor market
- Paul Krugman: How Complicated Does the Model Have to Be
And Over Here:
- Unpleasant Fiscal Dominance?
- Kevin Marks: Live from the Orion Arm: "How to talk...
- A Gift That Keeps on Giving: Invictus on Niall Ferguson from Four Years Ago
- Liveblogging the Cold War: August 30, 1946: Telegram, Elbridge Durbrow to James Byrnes
- The Wayback Machine: From Ten Years Ago: August 24-August 30, 2006
- "Underrated" Weblogger of the Month: Branko Milanovic
- Must-Read: Gavyn Davies: Sims Highlights Fiscal Dominance at Jackson Hole
- Must-Read: Charlie Stross: Two Thoughts
- Must-Read: Martin Wolf: Capitalism and Democracy: The Strain Is Showing
- Must-Read: Mohamed El-Erian: Jackson Hole Was a Missed Opportunity for a Policy Pivot
- Storify: "Fighting with -------- on Twitter"!: A vice, best entertained not too often, but fun in small doses...
- Monday Smackdown Watch: Is It Possible to Be too Cruel to JEB! Bush?
- An Excellent Monday Republican Party Smackdown by the Highly Sharp Zack Beauchamp
- Must-Read: Anna Aizer et al.: Do Low Levels of Blood Lead Reduce Children's Future Test Scores?
- Liveblogging the American Revolution: August 29, 1778: Battle of Rhode Island
- No. There Is Not One Chance in Seven the 2018Q4 Fed Funds Rate Will Be 4.75% or Higher
- Pyrrhus at Jackson Hole: A Monetary Policy "Victory" That Leaves the Central Bank in a Very Weak Position Blogging
- Must-Read: Larry Summers: Disappointed by What Came Out of Jackson Hole
Might Like to Read:
- German Lopez: A new poll shows most Republicans appear to regret nominating Donald Trump
- Dara Lind: 9 days, 11 positions: Donald Trump’s spectacular immigration flameout
Perhaps Worth Reading...