Over at Equitable Growth: Must-Reads:
- Jonathan Chait: Trump Proves Obama Hate Was Never About Ideas
- Gauti Eggertsson and Lawrence Summers: How Secular Stagnation Spreads and How It Can Be Cured
- George Akerlof (2001): Writing the "The Market for 'Lemons'": A Personal Interpretive Essay
- John Holbo: Is The Cato Institute a, You Know, Libertarian Think-Tank?
- Brad Setser: Why Is The IMF Pushing Fiscal Consolidation in the Eurozone in 2017?
- Brian Buetler: Reformoconism Suddenly Looks Like Moderate Democratism
- Equitable Growth: Jobs Day Graphs: July 2016 Report Edition - Equitable Growth
- Nick Bunker: Weekend reading: “Accelerating wage growth is here” edition - Equitable Growth
- Thoughts on the 97F August Prairie... - Equitable Growth
- Jesse Singal: Why Some of the Worst Attacks on Social Science Have Come From Liberals: "Alice Dreger's Galileo’s Middle Finger is about what happens when... science makes a claim that doesn’t fit into an activist community’s accepted worldview..."
- John Springford et al.: Brexiting yourself in the foot: Why Britain's eurosceptic regions have most to lose from EU withdrawal
- Martin Sandbu: Helicopter money: if not now, when?
- Ryan Avent: Upside-down economics: Bigger budget deficits in America: the crazy policy or the sane one?
- Chad Stone et al.: A Guide to Statistics on Historical Trends in Income Inequality
- Jessica Tasman-Jones: Eric Lonergan: 'Major break with history': Is Term Funding Scheme Carney's most radical tool?
- Andrew Watt et al.: An economic policy reset is now essential
- Manila Galleon
- Abdel Ibrahim: Why I think Apple Watch 2 will be a big leap
And Over Here:
- Liveblogging World War I: August 6, 1916: Escape
- For the Weekend...: Jose Carreras, Katia Ricciarelli, John Paul Bogart, et al.: Non Piangere Liu
- Must-Read: Brian Buetler: Reformoconism Suddenly Looks Like Moderate Democratism
- Live from the Republicans' Self-Made Gehenna: Paul!: The Colbert joke... was never a joke
- Thoughts on the 97F August Prairie...
- Must-Read: Brad Setser: Why Is The IMF Pushing Fiscal Consolidation in the Eurozone in 2017?
- Must-Read: George Akerlof (2001): Writing the "The Market for 'Lemons'": A Personal Interpretive Essay
- A Message from Bernie Sanders...
- Must-Read: John Holbo: Is The Cato Institute a, You Know, Libertarian Think-Tank?
- Must-Read: Gauti Eggertsson and Lawrence Summers: How Secular Stagnation Spreads and How It Can Be Cured
- Must-Read: Jonathan Chait: Trump Proves Obama Hate Was Never About Ideas
- Weekend Reading: Trump's Chief Economic Advisor David Malpass Back in 2008!
- Live from the Journamalists' Self-Made Gehenna: Katherine Krueger: Mark Halperin Suggests Trump Could Put California In General Election Play
- (Early) Monday Smackdown: The New York Times Owes Me $100 Every Time It Prints Something by Thomas Friedman. I'm Keeping a Tab
Might Like to Read:
- Tierney Sneed: GOP Voters Stage Major Revolt Against Brownback's Kansas Experiment
- Scott Lemieux: Note: American Presidential Elections Not Determined By Republican Primary Voters: "I’m sure Mark Halperin is developing theories about how committing one massive blunder after another is actually a winning approach as I type..."
- James Fallows: Someone's Lying About the GOP Platform on Ukraine: "Members of the Republican party’s platform committee are saying that his campaign manager is flat-out lying about having engineered a pro-Russian policy change that would help his former clients. There are two other possibilities... that members of the platform committee have... decided to lie... [or] that all this happened without Manafort’s being aware.... For me, the odds overwhelmingly favor Manafort being involved and then imagining he could bluff his way through a denial, Baghdad Bob-style..."
Perhaps Worth Reading...