- Neville Morley: When It Changed: "Eric Hobsbawm['s]... short twentieth century... [an] idea... found in Stefan Zweig’s Die Welt von Gestern... (Tu)
- James Kwak: The Deduction Fairy: "Incoming Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin promised a big tax cut for corporations and the 'middle class', but not for the rich... (Tu)
- Simon Wren-Lewis: Hitting Back: "A reaction to reading this by Wolfgang Munchau... (W)
- Martin Wolf: More Perils for the Eurozone: "Divergence in the performance of members of the single currency is a real challenge... (W)
- Kevin Drum: It's Time To Bury "Economic Anxiety" Once and For All: "If you insist on continuing to look at this year's election through an economic lens... (F)
- Tony Yates: The Perceived-Grievance-Wrong-Headed Sop Vortex: "A desire to respond to the perceived grievances of those who voted to give incumbent governments a kick... (F)
- Josh Marshall: This Explains How and Why Medicare Will Live or Die: "John Boozman (R) of Arkansas... (Th)
- Barry Ritholtz: Putting the Minimum Wage Debate into Context: "The modern minimum-wage debate traces back to... Krueger and... Card... (F)
- Roberto Bonfatti and Kevin Hjortshøj O’Rourke: Growth, Import Dependence and War: "Existing theories of pre-emptive war typically predict that the leading country may choose to launch a war on a follower who is catching up... (F)
- Friedrich Engels (1888): Notes to the "Communist Manifesto": "(4).... Generally speaking, for the economical development... (M)
- Nicholas Bagley: Health Insurance Market Implosion: "The big risk of [ObamaCare] repeal-and-delay (well, one big risk) is that the individual insurance market will unravel before repeal takes effect. As Robert Laszewski tartly noted... (M)
- T.M. Scanlon: Giving Desert Its Due: "Here the relevant critical point was made by Rawls... (Tu)
- Diego Daruich, William Easterly, Ariell Reshef: The Surprising Instability of Export Specializations: "Specializations are surprisingly unstable: Export ranks are not persistent, and new top products and destinations replace old ones... (Tu)
- Wolfgang Munchau: The Elite’s Marie Antoinette Moment: "The Bourbons were hard to beat as the quintessential out-of-touch establishment. They have competition now... (W)
- Jamison Foser (2009): Milbank, Cillizza and the Washington Post still think calling Clinton a bitch is funny: "The Post pulled the video... (W)
- Kevin Drum: Obamacare Repeal Is Doomed: "Republicans. Can't. Repeal. Obamacare... (W)
- Simon Wren-Lewis: The OBR and the Impact of Brexit: "The debate about whether the OBR is being too pessimistic about the impact of Brexit... (Th)
- Mark Thoma: How social welfare benefits help the economy: "Donald Trump has, at times, said he’ll protect Medicare and Social Security... (Th)
- Kevin Daly: A higher global risk premium and the fall in equilibrium real interest rates: "Since the turn of the century, the global economy has also been characterised by a rise in the yields on quoted equity... (Th)
- T.M. Scanlon
- T.M. Scanlon: What We Owe to Each Other http://amzn.to/2gCFSDW
- Umberto Eco: Ur-Fascism
- Evan Goldstein: The New Intellectuals
- "Hitherto It Is Questionable If All the Mechanical Inventions Yet Made Have Lightened the Day's Toil of Any Human Being" Context Blogging
- Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
- Matthew Klein: What’s up with the “term premium”?
- Michael O'Hare: The Oakland Warehouse Fire
- Joshua Topolsky: Welcome to The Outline
- Diodotos (Son of Eukrates)
- Martin Wolf: The Wages of Brexit are Bigger Debts
- 2016-07-12: Brexit: I Think Paul Krugman Is Confused Here...
Ben Thompson: OpenAI Universe and DeepMind Lab, Amazon Go
Irma Adelman (1990): Fifty Years of Economic Development: What Have we Learned?
- Artir: [The surprising Human Development Index of Cubal]
- Sam Bowles: The Death of ‘Homo Economicus’
- Nancy LeTourneau: Chaos Over Obamacare “Repeal and Delay”
- Maciej Cegłowski: Who Will Command The Robot Armies?
- Kevin Drum: The Trump Era of Crony Capitalism Has Officially Started
- Ron Edwards: Chinese Economic History
- Scott Galupo: Donald Trump's Economic Amber
- Caroline Freund: Deconstructing Branko Milanovic’s “Elephant Chart”: Does It Show What Everyone Thinks?