Every time I start thinking about Thomas Jefferson, I get distracted by the family psychodrama—and by the plight of the Hemings family—and by the fact that TJ named one of his sons by Sally Hemings, born at the start of Jefferson's second term as president, "Madison".
I wonder what Jemmy Madison thought of that, and whether Jefferson told him personally that he had done so...
- Jeffersonian Roads Taken and Not Taken
- Thomas Jefferson and Dumas Malone
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking, or, Thomas Jefferson as Slavemaster
- Reading the Soul of Thomas Jefferson
- Sally Hemings as a Sex Slave
- John Adams: Jefferson and the French Revolution