Memo to Self: Now that John Williams is heading to become President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Vice Chair of the Federal Open Market Committee, who should take his place as President of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco?
- Mary Daly?
- Christie Romer?
- Glenn Rudebusch?
- Thinking outside the box, Takeo Hoshi?
- Thinking way outside the box, Enrico Moretti?
- Thinking way way outside the box, Raj Chetty?
Ideal candidates should I think, be in their early 50s, and should be prepared to lead an analytical and operations orientation of the San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank toward one or more of:
- Financial system safety-and-soundness regulation
- Financial system consumer finance regulation
- Asia and its place in the global financial system
- Tech and its place in the global financial system
- Regional economic development issues..