- Inclusive Growth?: PIIE Conference
- Should-Watch: PIIE: Conference on Income Inequality and Inclusive Growth
- A Question for Paul Krugman: Please, Sir, May I Still Fly My Neoliberal Freak Flag?
- Any Hopes for Inclusive Growth in the Age of Trump?: Technocracy, Imperial Court Politics, Federalism, and Partisan Equilibrium
- Paul Krugman: Infrastructure Build or Privatization Scam?
- Austin Frakt: Senator Lamar Alexander and Endless Can-Kicking Repeal
- Aaron Carroll: Should-Read: : Will “Repeal and Delay” Be the Next “Doc Fix”?
- Britain since the crisis: provides very powerful evidence that Larry Summers and I are right on the zero (or negative) debt-burden cost of fiscal expansion:
- 2016-11-17 PIIE Inclusive Growth Panel Notes
We at the Peterson Institute are collaborating with the McKinsey Global Institute (MGI) in organizing a conference on economic inequality on Thursday, November 17. We are planning two panels, one on inequality and the other focused on inclusive growth policy ideas for the next US administration. Paul Krugman has agreed to provide a keynote speech.
If you might be available, may I invite you to speak at the second panel on inclusive growth? Each panelist would speak for 10-12 minutes and participate in a moderated Q&A with our high-level audience. It would be great to welcome you to the Institute's stage in this way and include your insights in this important discussion. We would gladly cover your airfare and a couple nights of hotel accommodation here in Washington. My office can provide assistance on any travel arrangement you need.
- 08:30-08:45 Opening and Welcome
- 08:45-10:15 Panel 1 on inequality with CEA’s Sandy Black, IMF’s Paolo Mauro, and 1 discussant TBC
- 10:15-10:30 Coffee Break
- 10:30-12:00 Panel 2 on inclusive growth policies with UC Berkeley’s Brad DeLong,Jeromin Zettelmeyer, Bill Spriggs, and Jonathan Woetzel
- 12:00-12:15 Lunch Buffet Service
- 12:15-01:45 Prof. Krugman’s keynote speech and Q&A with audience
- 01:45-02:00 Conclusion